BBI Insurance Services, located in Novato, California are the Exclusive Benefit Representatives for Associated California Loggers. To assist you with your benefit program contact Mike Ahern toll free at 866-219-6623 or email Mike: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ACL sponsored benefits include:
- Blue Cross or Blue Shield Group or Individual Medical plans;
- Group or individual dental plans;
- Individual & group life insurance;
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Personal Accident Insurance Plan (Accidental Death & Dismemberment);
- Disability Income Insurance Plan.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield medical plans offer a wide range of coverage options at appealing prices. Importantly, health coverage also protects you from the staggering financial exposure accompanying even common accidents or illness.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield offer very competitive rates with a wide range of plans to choose from. They both have very extensive provider networks, offer prescription drug coverage, life insurance and dental plans. Click here to apply online.
The ACL sponsored Personal Accident Insurance Plan (AD&D) is a voluntary plan (no employer participation) that is flexible enough to fit anyone’s budget. You choose the exact principal sum you can afford from $25,000 for as low as $1.25 for employee coverage or up to $350,000 of coverage on a family for $28 a month.
Once enrolled, you are insured 24 hours a day (and if enrolled under Family coverage, your eligible dependents), 365 days a year against injuries caused by any accident, directly and independently of all other causes, that occurs in the course of business or pleasure including but not limited to accidents that occur on or off the job, in the home, while traveling by train, airplane, automobile or other public or private conveyance.
What’s more, you can’t be turned down for this protection and you don’t have to take a physical exam.
Long Term Care Insurance (Also a voluntary plan) is the assistance individuals need when they are unable to care for themselves and need help with the Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) — bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, continence and eating or have severe cognitive impairment. The need for long term care can result from an accident, chronic illness or other disability, or from advancing age.
- 1 out of 2 people over age 65 will spend time in a nursing home.
- Only 1 in 4 people between the age of 60 and 70 are able to qualify for long term care insurance.
- You need to buy long term care insurance when you’re young and in good health.
- A year in a nursing home is estimated to cost $40,000 and in some areas it can easily cost twice that amount.
ACL members, retirees and their family members will receive an additional 10% discount on top of their already 20% spousal discount if both spouses are issued covered. This is a large savings!
LIFE INSURANCE PLANS
Our plans are individual life insurance plans — not to be confused with group life insurance which is offered through an employer. Group plans usually cost more and once you leave your employer, your group life is cancelled — you cannot take it with you. Individual life insurance you can keep as long as premiums are paid and you can move from employer to employer without losing this valuable coverage.
We offer Permanent and Term Life Insurance.
Permanent Life Insurance:
- Builds cash values / Retirement Benefits
- Premium locked in by age
- Income tax free death benefit
- Loans or withdrawals are available from the policy
Term Life Insurance:
- Level premium for choice of years
- Pays upon death only
- Income tax free death benefit
AFLAC (American Family Life Assurance Company) Voluntary Plan
AFLAC plans are designed to Compliment and Enhance your current benefits package.
These plans pay CASH to you and your family. They are Separate and Independent of your medical plan, workers comp., and state disability. They are Guaranteed Renewable and Convertible for life.
A. ACCIDENT AND DISABILITY INCOME PLAN
- Any Accident pays $120 to your or your Spouse – $70 for your children minimum;
- Hospitalization: Pays $1,000 for any member admitted. $200 per day after that.
- Cash paid for specific injuries: Broken bones, Cuts, Physical Therapy, braces, etc.
- OFF THE JOB DISABILITY INCOME Employee only $700 to $2000 a month.
- OPTIONAL SICKNESS RIDER (Maternity) $400 to $2,000 a month. 14 day wait.
B. CANCER PROTECTION PLAN
- First Occurrence Benefit: Pays $2,000 1st year and adds $500 every year after.
- Hospitalization: Pays $300 per day – after 30 days $600 per day no lifetime limit.
- Supplemental Cash Benefit: Surgery: Up to $5,000 per operation in or out of hospital,
- No limit. Chemotherapy and Radiation $300 per day.
- $250 for a Second Opinion – Premium Benefit Waiver after 90 days.
- $30 for Pap, $70 for Mammogram, and $75 to each family member for blood test.
C. INTENSIVE CARE PLAN
- Pays $600 day l through 7, and $1,000 day 8 through 15.
- $12,200 maximum per confinement, no lifetime limit.
Loggers may participate in all plans except the off the job Disability Income or Sickness Plans.
Log Truckers may participate in all plans.
AFLAC’S Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
This cafeteria plan allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for various benefit costs. When you lower the taxable income of all participating employees, you also reduce your overall share of FICA, FUTA and WORKER’S COMPENSATION costs.
Finally there’s a choice that benefits you and your employees.
By giving the employees the possibility of tax savings, AFLAC’s program provides employees with a choice: additional benefits or increased take-home pay.
Not only is the potential tax savings of a cafeteria plan a real advantage, but each employee is also given the opportunity to direct benefits toward needs generally not covered by traditional major medical plans.
BBI Insurance Services, your ACL Benefit Representatives, have their own AFLAC Representative, who works directly with all our ACL members. He will provide the documents, educate your employees, handle the reimbursements and answer all your questions.
DISABILITY INCOME INSURANCE PLAN (Voluntary Plan)
Disability Income Insurance provides an income to you in the event of accident or sickness. One out of three people will become disabled prior to age 65.
Doesn’t it make sense to plan ahead NOW to insure your paycheck? Disability Income is financial security you cannot afford to be without.
- Designed for Loggers and Log Truckers
- Guaranteed Renewable
- Rehabilitation program
- World wide coverage
All of the above are ACL sponsored benefits. Your ACL benefit dollars help support the ACL.
Please contact Mike Ahern toll free at 866-219-6623 for additional information on any of the above benefits.